Corn and Zucchini Chowder
- 15 MIN
- 45 MIN
- 4 - 6
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Scotsburn butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 leek (white part only), rinsed and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ jalapeño, minced (with or without the seeds)
- 1.5 L (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 can of corn
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Scotsburn 2% milk
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh dill, chopped
- In a pot set over medium-low heat, cook the garlic and leek in butter for 3 minutes. Add the potatoes and jalapeño and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the broth. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender (approximately 8 minutes). Pour half the soup mixture into a separate pot and, using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
- Combine the 2 mixtures and add the zucchini, corn, and tomato. Cook approximately 8 minutes. Season.
- Just before serving, turn off the heat and add the milk. Serve in bowls and garnish with cooked bacon and fresh herbs.