Red Berry Eggnog
- 5 min
- 20 min
- 6 to 8
- 125 mL (½ cup) of fresh or frozen cherries
- 125 mL (½ cup) of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 125 mL (½ cup) of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of pomegranate seeds
- 125 mL (½ cup) of sugar
- 1 L (4 cups) Scotsburn eggnog
- 125-175 mL (½ - ¾ cup) bourbon or rum (optional)
- Fresh raspberries, strawberries, cherries or pomegranate seeds, to serve
- In a small pot combine cherries, raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate seeds and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let simmer for 4-5 minutes, until berries have softened. Mash berries with a wooden spoon. Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain liquid and let cool.
- Pour 1-2 tbsp of the red berry syrup at the bottom of each eggnog glass. Top up each glass with eggnog. Divide bourbon or rum evenly between glasses (about 30 mL (2 tbsp) in each).
- Top with raspberries, strawberries, cherries or pomegranates to garnish. Serve with a straw to mix drinks.
A recipe created by our foodie influencer @littlemirandapiggy