Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 10 MIN
- 22 MIN + marinating time
- 1 lb. (454g) raw shrimp, size 21-25, shelled
- 8 tortillas (6-inch)
- 250 ml (1 cup) mango, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) purple cabbage, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 sections
For the marinade
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- The zest from half a lime
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground cumin
- A pinch of Mexican chili powder (optional)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) canola oil
For the creamy cilantro sauce
- ½ garlic clove
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Scotsburn 3.25% milk
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed
- The zest and juice from half a lime
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat and oil the BBQ.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the shrimp and let marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Using a food processor or an immersion blender, puree all the ingredients for the sauce. Season and set aside.
- Cook the shrimp on the BBQ over medium heat, approximately 2 minutes each side. Serve the shrimp on the tortillas and garnish with the toppings (mango, purple cabbage, and avocado). Drizzle with the creamy cilantro sauce.