Avocado and fresh herb dip
- 10 min
- 10 min
- 250 mL (1 cup) Scotsburn sour cream
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) parsley, finely chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) onion powder
- To taste a few drops of Tabasco or Espelette pepper
- Chives for garnishing
- In a bowl, mix sour cream with avocado, mashing with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Garnish with fresh chives and season to taste.
- Serve with artichokes* and raw vegetables.
How to cook fresh artichokes
- Using scissors, remove the thorny tips from the artichoke leaves.
- Using a knife, cut off the stem and the top of the artichoke.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, place artichoke head down with ½ a lemon. Cover with water and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer from 25 to 30 minutes or until the centre of the artichoke is tender when poked with a knife. Drain well.