Baked Chicken Tacos
- 20 MIN
- 1 HR 20 MIN
- 4 - 6
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 454g (1 lb.) cooked chicken meat, roughly shredded or pulled
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) taco spices
- 500 ml (2 cups) diced tomatoes (canned)
- 250 ml (1 cup) black kidney beans
- 10 taco shells
- 250 ml (1 cup) Armstrong Mexican Fiesta cheese, shredded
- Scotsburn sour cream
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Green onions
- Pickled jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a large pan set over medium heat, sauté the onions in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and spices. Stir. Reduce the heat to low and add the tomatoes (do not strain) and kidney beans. Stir occasionally until liquid has evaporated.
- Place the taco shells in an oven-safe dish and fill with chicken mixture. Top each shell with Armstrong Mexican Fiesta cheese and bake in the oven for approximately 8 minutes, or until golden. Serve with the toppings of your choice.
Products in this recipe
Add a little zip to your dips, baked potatoes and casseroles with the fresh tanginess of a tried-and-true favourite: our sour cream!
- 10 MIN
- 22 MIN + marinating time
Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 15 MIN
- 25 MIN
Chorizo and Avocado Breakfast Tacos
- 15 MIN
- 30 MIN + 20 MIN marinating time