Chicken Pasta with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 10 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 4 - 6
- 400 g (12 oz.) spaghetti
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Scotsburn butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red onion, minced
- Juice from 3 limes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) Scotsburn 18% cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Scotsburn milk
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and roughly shredded
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a pan set over medium-low heat, sweat out the garlic and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes (do not let them brown).
- Add the lime juice and reduce by half. Add the flour and stir. Add the cream and cook for 5 minutes. Add the milk, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add 80 ml of the cooking water to the sauce, increase the heat to medium-high and add the pasta and chicken. Stir for 3 minutes. Add the fresh cilantro and lime slices, stir, and serve.
Always fresh, always delicious, and always an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D.
The dairy goodness that started it all in 1900, our butter is still a smooth and delicious staple with a place in every kitchen.