Cream of Carrot, Sweet Potato and Apple
- 10 MIN
- 30 MIN
- One onion, chopped
- One stalk of celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter
- 10 mL (2 tsp) fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 liter (4 cups) chicken stock
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 unpeeled apples, cubed
- 125 ml (1 cup) Scotsburn Milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 60 mL (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- Cilantro, to taste
- Baguette bread, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, soften the onion, celery and garlic in butter. Add the ginger, carrots, sweet potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the apples, milk, salt, pepper and maple syrup. Pour half of the mixture into a blender and purée the soup until smooth. Strain and repeat for the second half of the mixture.
- Serve and garnish with small apple cubes and fresh cilantro, to taste. Serve with baguette bread.