Creamy Tortellini and Italian Sausage Soup
- 15 MIN
- 45 MIN
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 oz) meat-stuffed tortellini
- 1 bunch kale, leaves removed from the stems and chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) Scotsburn 10% Cream
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan set over medium-high heat, cook the Italian sausage in olive oil until golden, crumbling it as it cooks. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked sausage to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onions for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Incorporate the flour, ensuring it evenly coats the vegetables, and continue to cook for an additional minute, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and stir to combine. Continue to cook until liquid starts to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausage, tortellini, kale, and cream and continue to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the tortellini is al dente.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and spicy olive oil if desired.
Products in this recipe
In your tea and coffee, on top of fresh berries or the perfect addition to your favourite family recipe – there’s no shortage of fresh and delicious ways to enjoy our cream products.
- 15 MIN
- 4 HR
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 30 MIN
- 60 MIN
Margherita Soup with Cheesy Pizza Sticks
- 10 MIN
- 30 MIN